Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for Pinner

Pinner, par. and vil. with ry. sta., Middlesex, in NW. of co.- par., 3782 ac., pop. 2519; vil., 2½ miles NW. of Harrow and 13½ miles NW. of London; P.O., T.O.; was once a market town. The par. (formerly part of Harrow par.) contains many fine villas and other residences, including Pinner Grove and Pinner Place. The Commercial Travellers' School (opened 1855, enlarged 1868) is for the education and maintenance of boys and girls.


(John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "parish and village with railway station"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Pinner CP/Ch       Middlesex AncC
Place: Pinner

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.