Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for RATCLIFFE-CULEY

RATCLIFFE-CULEY, a chapelry in Sheepy-Magna parish, Leicester; on the river Sence, adjacent to the river Anker, at the boundary with Warwickshire, 1½mile N E of Atherstone r. station. Post-town, Ather-stone. Acres, about 1,000. Real property, £2, 540. Pop., 208. Houses, 52. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Sheepy-Magna, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is old, and has a tower and spire.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Ratcliffe Culey Ch/CP       Sheepy Magna AP/CP       Leicestershire AncC
Place: Ratcliffe Culey

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.