Place:


Dadlington  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dadlington like this:

DADLINGTON, a chapelry in Hinckley parish, Leicester; on the Ashby-de-la-Zouch canal, 3½ miles NNW of Hinckley r. station. Post town, Hinckley. Acres, 870. Real property, £2, 192. Pop., 216. Houses, 49. Stocking making is carried on. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Hinckley, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is old and small; and there is an Independent chapel.

Dadlington through time

Dadlington is now part of Hinckley and Bosworth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hinckley and Bosworth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dadlington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dadlington, in Hinckley and Bosworth and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10717

Date accessed: 23rd October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dadlington ".