Place:


Ratcliffe Culey  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ratcliffe Culey like this:

RATCLIFFE-CULEY, a chapelry in Sheepy-Magna parish, Leicester; on the river Sence, adjacent to the river Anker, at the boundary with Warwickshire, 1½mile N E of Atherstone r. station. Post-town, Ather-stone. Acres, about 1,000. Real property, £2, 540. Pop., 208. Houses, 52. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Sheepy-Magna, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is old, and has a tower and spire.

Ratcliffe Culey through time

Ratcliffe Culey is now part of Hinckley and Bosworth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hinckley and Bosworth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ratcliffe Culey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ratcliffe Culey, in Hinckley and Bosworth and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11234

Date accessed: 23rd October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ratcliffe Culey ".