Place:


Stoughton  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stoughton like this:

STOUGHTON, a chapelry in Thurnby parish, Leicestershire; 3½ miles ESE of Leicester r. station. Post town, Leicester. Acres, 1,449. Real property, £2,897. Pop., 119. Houses, 27. The manor, with S. Grange, belongs to H. L. Powys-Keck, Esq. The living is annexed to Thurnby. The church was rebuilt in 1864. There are church lands £36.

Stoughton through time

Stoughton is now part of Harborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stoughton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stoughton, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11305

Date accessed: 30th November 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stoughton ".