Place:


Leinthall Starkes  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Leinthall Starkes like this:

LEINTHALL-STARKES, a parish, with a village, in the district of Ludlow and county of Hereford; 5 miles WNW of Woofferton-Junction r. station, and 6 SW by W of Ludlow. Post town, Wigmore, under Kingsland, Herefordshire. Acres, 990. Real property, with Leinthall-Earls, and Elton, £3,791. Rated property of L.S. ...


alone, £1,017. Pop., 144. Houses, 29. The property is all in one estate. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £53. Patron, A. R. B. Knight, Esq. The church is ancient, and has a belfry. There are an endowed school, with £14 a year, and other charities £4.

Leinthall Starkes through time

Leinthall Starkes is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Leinthall Starkes itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leinthall Starkes in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1903

Date accessed: 02nd October 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Leinthall Starkes ".