Place:


Roxeth  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Roxeth like this:

ROXETH, a hamlet and a chapelry in Harrow-on-the-Hill parish, Middlesex. The hamlet lies nominally 1 mile S W of Harrow town; but, by great recent increase in buildings, has become almost united with it. The manor was originally part of Harrow manor; was given as a separate possession, in 1371, by the Archbishop of Canterbury, to Sir William Brembre; passed to the Dudleys, the Hutchinsons, the Nicolls, and P. ...


Hart, Esq.; and, at the death of Mr. Hart, was divided among three. The chapelry was constituted in 1861. Post-town, Harrow. Pop., 890. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of London. Value, £196. Patrons, Trustees.

Roxeth through time

Roxeth is now part of Harrow district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrow has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Roxeth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Roxeth, in Harrow and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21611

Date accessed: 17th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Roxeth ".