Place:


Eastcote  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eastcote like this:

EASTCOTT, a ville in Ruislip parish, Middlesex; adjacent to the boundary with Herts, 3¼ miles NW of Harrow. It has a post office under Watford. Pop., 538. Eastcott House here was formerly the seat of the Hawtreys.

Additional information about this locality is available for Pinner

Eastcote through time

Eastcote is now part of Hillingdon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hillingdon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eastcote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eastcote, in Hillingdon and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23703

Date accessed: 17th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eastcote ".