Place:


New Basford  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described New Basford like this:

BASFORD (New), a village and a chapelry in Bas ford parish, Notts. The village stands 1 mile SSE of Old Basford, and 2 NNW of Nottingham; and has a post office under Nottingham. The chapelry was con stituted in 1847. Rated property, £4,590. Pop., 3,241. Houses, 699. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £130. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church was built in 1860; is of brick, with stone dressings; and has windows of stained glass.

Additional information about this locality is available for Basford

New Basford through time

New Basford is now part of Nottingham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Nottingham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about New Basford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of New Basford, in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24081

Date accessed: 02nd February 2023


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " New Basford ".