Place:


Finham  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Finham like this:

FINHAM, a quondam village in Warwickshire; 3¼ miles S of Coventry. It belonged to the monks of Stoneleigh; and was going to decay in the time of Henry VII.

The location is that of Finham Bridge, over Finham Brook. The modern 1:25,000 map marks Finham about a mile to the north, just south of the Coventry by-pass/A45. Additional information about this locality is available for Coventry

Finham through time

Finham is now part of Warwick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Warwick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Finham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Finham, in Warwick and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24203

Date accessed: 17th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Finham ".