Place:


Longford  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Longford like this:

LONGFORD, a village in Exhall parish, Warwick; on the river Anker; adjacent to the Coventry and Nuneaton railway, 4 miles NNE of Coventry. lt has a station on the railway, and a post office under Coventry.

Additional information about this locality is available for Exhall

Longford through time

Longford is now part of Coventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Coventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Longford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Longford, in Coventry and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24208

Date accessed: 17th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Longford ".