Place:


Stockingford  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stockingford like this:

STOCKINGFORD, a chapelry, with a straggling village, in Nuneaton parish, Warwick; on the Birmingham and Leicester railway, 2 miles W of Nuneaton. It has a station on the railway, and a postal pillar-box under Nuneaton; and it was constituted in 1854. Rated property, £3,324. Pop., 1,610. Houses, 376. The property is subdivided. Ribbon-weaving is carried on; and there are collieries and brick-works. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £120.* Patron, the Vicar of Nuneaton. The church was built in 1824. There is a national school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Nuneaton

Stockingford through time

Stockingford is now part of Nuneaton and Bedworth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Nuneaton and Bedworth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stockingford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stockingford, in Nuneaton and Bedworth and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24282

Date accessed: 23rd October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stockingford ".