Place:


Westwood  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Westwood like this:

WESTWOOD, a chapelry in Stoneleigh parish, Warwick; near Kenilworth r. station. It was constituted in 1846; and its Post town is Kenilworth. Pop., 620. Houses, 143. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £150. Patron, the Vicar of Stoneleigh. The church is modern.

Additional information about this locality is available for Coventry

Westwood through time

Westwood is now part of Warwick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Warwick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Westwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Westwood, in Warwick and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24288

Date accessed: 17th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Westwood ".