Place:


Hargham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hargham like this:

HARGHAM, a parish in Wayland district, Norfolk; on the Norfolk railway, 1 mile N of Eccles road r. station, and 3½ SW by S of Attleborough. Post-town, Attleborough. Acres, 1,080. Real property, £1,066. Pop., 88. Houses, 17. The manor, with Hargham Hall, belongs to Sir Thomas B. Beevor. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Wilby, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is dilapidated, and has a ruined tower.

Hargham through time

Hargham is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hargham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hargham, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2644

Date accessed: 21st July 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hargham".