Place:


Hope  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hope like this:

HOPE-ALL SAINTS, a parish in Romney-Marsh district, Kent; ¼ mile NW by W of New Romney, and 5½ ENE of Appledore r. station. Post town, New Romney, under Folkestone. Acres, 1, 464. Real property, £4, 112. Pop., 59. Houses, 9. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £173. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is in ruins.

Hope through time

Hope is now part of Shepway district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shepway has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hope itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hope, in Shepway and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3017

Date accessed: 19th July 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hope".