Place:


Ickenham  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ickenham like this:

ICKENHAM, a parish in Uxbridge district, Middlesex; between Yedding brook and the river Colne, 2½ miles NE of Uxbridge r. station. It has a post office under Uxbridge. Acres, 1, 400. Real property, £2, 887. Pop., 351. Houses, 69. The property is divided among a few. The manor was anciently called Iykenham; belonged, at one time, to the Shoreditches; and belongs now to T. ...


T. Clarke, Esq. Swakeleys, the seat of Mr. Clarke, is an edifice of 1638, in the Italian style. The living is a rectory in the diocese of London. Value, £382.* Patron, T. T. Clarke, Esq. The church is ancient. but good.

Ickenham through time

Ickenham is now part of Hillingdon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hillingdon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ickenham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ickenham, in Hillingdon and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4114

Date accessed: 05th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ickenham ".