Place:


Luddenham  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Luddenham like this:

LUDDENHAM, a parish in Faversham district, Kent; adjacent to the North Kent railway and to the river Swale, 3 miles NW of Faversham r. station. Posttown, Faversham. Acres, 1,438; of which 115 are water. Real property, £3,158. Pop., 264. Houses, 51. Much of the land is reclaimed marsh. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £394. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is early English; and consists of nave and chancel, with a brick tower.

Luddenham through time

Luddenham is now part of Swale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Luddenham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Luddenham, in Swale and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6264

Date accessed: 09th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Luddenham ".