Place:


Stone  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stone like this:

STONE-next-FAVERSHAM, a parish in Faversham district, Kent; 2 miles W by N of Faversham r. station. Post town, Faversham. Acres, 753. Real property, £2,011. Pop., 91. Houses, 17. The living is a sinecure rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £220. Patron, not reported. The church is in ruins.

Stone through time

Stone is now part of Swale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stone, in Swale and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6419

Date accessed: 14th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stone ".