Place:


Wembley  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wembley like this:

WEMBLEY, a chapelry in Harrow-on-the-Hill parish, Middlesex; near Sudbury r. station, and 2½ miles SE of Harrow. It was constituted in 1846; and its Post town is Harrow. Pop., 896. Houses, 163. The manor belonged to Kilburn priory; went, at the dissolution, to R. Andrews and L. Chamberlayne; passed soon to the Pages; and, with W. ...


Park, belongs now to the Rev. J. E. Gray. W. House is the seat of J. T. Woolley, Esq.; and Oakington Park, of the Hon. Col. Talbot. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London. Value, £163. Patrons, Misses Copland. The church is modern and was recently enlarged.

Wembley through time

Wembley is now part of Brent district. Click here for graphs and data of how Brent has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wembley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wembley, in Brent and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/829

Date accessed: 05th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wembley ".