Place:


Budbrooke  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Budbrooke like this:

BUDBROOKE, a parish and a subdistrict in the district and county of Warwick. The parish lies on the Birmingham and Warwick canal, and on the Birmingham and Oxford railway, 1½ mile NW of Warwick. It includes the hamlets of Hampton-on-the-Hill, and Lower Norton-with-Littleworth; and its Post Town is Warwick. ...


Acres, 3,216. Real property, £6,288. Pop., 492. Houses, 112. Grove Park here is the seat of Lord Dormer. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £476.* Patron, Rev. H. B. Faulkner. The church is a plain edifice, with a square tower; and contains monuments of the Dormers. There is a Roman Catholic chapel. A school has £50 from endowment; and other charities £46.-The subdistrict contains nine parishes. Acres, 18,463. Pop., 4,446. Houses, 958.

Budbrooke through time

Budbrooke is now part of Warwick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Warwick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Budbrooke itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Budbrooke, in Warwick and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8653

Date accessed: 02nd October 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Budbrooke ".