Place:


Corley  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Corley like this:

CORLEY, a parish in Meriden district, Warwick; 3½ miles W of Longford and Exhall r. station, and 4½ NW of Coventry. Post town, Fillongley, under Coventry. . Acres, 1, 378. Real property, £3, 525. Pop., 327. Houses, 78. The property is subdivided. A spot here was a chief station in the trigonometrical survey; and commands an extensive view. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £400. Patron, A. F. Gregory, Esq. The church is ancient; and its nave was recently restored. There is a national school.

Corley through time

Corley is now part of North Warwickshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Warwickshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Corley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Corley in North Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8908

Date accessed: 25th June 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Corley ".