Place:


Cubbington  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cubbington like this:

CUBBINGTON, a parish in the district and county of Warwick; near the river Avon and the Fosse way, 3 miles NE of Leamington r. station, and 5 ENE of Warwick. It has a post office under Leamington. Acres, 1, 780. Real property, £4, 515. Pop., 964. Houses, 232. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £250.* Patron, the Rev. F. Edge. The church is very good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £56.

Cubbington through time

Cubbington is now part of Warwick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Warwick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cubbington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cubbington, in Warwick and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8963

Date accessed: 02nd October 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cubbington ".