Place:


Honiley  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Honiley like this:

HONILY, a parish in the district and county of Warwick; 3 miles W of Kenilworth r. station, and 5 ½ NW of Warwick. Post town, Kenilworth. Acres, 642. Real property, £843. Pop., 63. Houses, 12. The manor had anciently a peculiar ecclesiastical jurisdiction; was given, in the time of Henry III., to Richard Peche; passed, in the time of Henry VII., to Sir Simon Montfort; went, at his attainder, to the Crown; was given to the Fitzgeralds; reverted, in the time of Mary, to the Crown; was then given to the Throckmortons; passed to the Burgoynes, and to Lord Carrington; and belongs now to Mrs-Willes. ...


The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £150. Patron, Mrs. Willes. The church is good.

Honiley through time

Honiley is now part of Warwick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Warwick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Honiley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Honiley, in Warwick and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9137

Date accessed: 17th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Honiley ".