Place:


Hunningham  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hunningham like this:

HUNNINGHAM, or Honingham, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Warwick; on the river Leam, 3 miles WNW of Marton r. station, and 5 NE of Leamington. Post town, Leamington. Acres, 1, 170. Real property, £2, 213. Pop. in 1851, 319; in 1861, 253. Houses, 58. The decrease of pop. ...


was caused mainly by the discontinuance of a lunatic asylum. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to Lord Leigh. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £68. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good; consists of nave, chancel, and N aisle, with small wooden tower; and contains a few ancient monuments. There is a national school.

Hunningham through time

Hunningham is now part of Warwick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Warwick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hunningham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hunningham, in Warwick and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9140

Date accessed: 21st April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hunningham".