Place:


Lighthorne  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lighthorne like this:

LIGHTHORNE, a village and a parish in Southam district, Warwick. The village stands near the Fosse way, 3½ miles N of Kineton, and 4 S W by S of Harbury r. station; and has a post office under Warwick. The parish comprises 2,007 acres. Real property, £2,249. Pop., 391. Houses, 85. ...


The manor and most of the land belong to Lord Willoughby de Broke. The parish is a meet for the Warwickshire hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £322.* Patron, Lord Willoughby de Broke. The church is early English, in good condition; consists of nave and chancel, with a tower; and contains a tablet to the late Lord Willoughby de Broke. There is a national school.

Lighthorne through time

Lighthorne is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lighthorne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lighthorne, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9186

Date accessed: 02nd October 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lighthorne ".