Place:


Oldbury  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Oldbury like this:

OLDBURY, a hamlet in Mancetter parish, Warwick; on the Coventry canal, adjacent to the Trent Valley railway, and near Watling-street, 2 miles S of Ather-stone. Real property, £1,026. Pop., 47. Houses, 9. Oldbury Hall is the seat of W. H. Bainbrigg, Esq. The name Oldbury alludes to the Roman station of Manduessedum on Watling-street.

Oldbury through time

Oldbury is now part of North Warwickshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Warwickshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Oldbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Oldbury in North Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9247

Date accessed: 30th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Oldbury ".