Place:


Princethorpe  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Princethorpe like this:

PRINCETHORPE, a township in Stretton-on-Dunsmore parish, Warwick; on the Fosse way, near the river Ichene, 6 miles N W of Southam. Pop., 319. Houses, 53. A Benedictine priory or nunnery, with about 60nuns, is here; was erected in 1833; includes a neat chapel, with a low steeple; and stands on a plot of about 4acres. There is also a national school.

Princethorpe through time

Princethorpe is now part of Rugby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rugby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Princethorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Princethorpe, in Rugby and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9286

Date accessed: 02nd October 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Princethorpe ".