Place:


Shilton  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shilton like this:

SHILTON, a village and a parish in Foleshill district, Warwick. The village stands near the Northwestern railway and the Oxford canal, 6 miles SSE of Nuneaton; and has a r. station with telegraph. The parish includes part of Barnacle hamlet; and its Post town is Anstey, under Coventry. Acres, 1,075. ...


Real property, £3,690. Pop., 487. Houses, 118. The property is subdivided. S. House is the seat of W. Spark, Esq. Ribbon-weaving is carried on. The living is a vicarage in the diocese Worcester. Value, £76. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is of the 14th century. There is a national school.

Shilton through time

Shilton is now part of Rugby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rugby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shilton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shilton, in Rugby and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9347

Date accessed: 16th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shilton ".