Place:


Bishops Tachbrook  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bishops Tachbrook like this:

BISHOPS-TACHBROOK, a parish in the district and county of Warwick; on an affluent of the river Avon, near the Fossé way, 2¼ miles SW of Leamington r. station, and 3½ SE of Warwick. It includes the hamlet of Tachbrook-Mallory and a place called the Asps; and its Post Town is Whitnash, under Leamington. ...


Acres, 3,446. Real property, £4,413. Pop., 603. Houses, 140. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £343,* Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church shows Norman traces, and contains some fine monuments. A school has an endowed income of £40, and other charities £5.

Bishops Tachbrook through time

Bishops Tachbrook is now part of Warwick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Warwick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bishops Tachbrook itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bishops Tachbrook, in Warwick and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9380

Date accessed: 02nd October 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bishops Tachbrook ".