Place:


Over Whitacre  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Over Whitacre like this:

WHITACRE (Over), a parish in Meriden district, Warwick; 2½ miles ESE of Whitacre Junction r. station. Post town, Nether Whitacre, under Birmingham. Acres, 1,375. Real property, £2,980. Pop., 285. Houses, 72. W. House is the seat of E. Wilson, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £142. Patron, G. W. Digby, Esq. The church is modern, in the Italian style, with a lofty spire. Charities, £21.

Over Whitacre through time

Over Whitacre is now part of North Warwickshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Warwickshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Over Whitacre itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Over Whitacre in North Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9431

Date accessed: 25th June 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Over Whitacre ".