Place:


Whitnash  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whitnash like this:

WHITNASH, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Warwick; 1½ mile SSE of Leamington r. station. Post town, Leamington. Acres, 1,242. Real property, £2,620. Pop., 393. Houses, 84. The manor belongs to H. E. Landor, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £313.* Patron Lord Leigh. The church is ancient. There is a national school.

Whitnash through time

Whitnash is now part of Warwick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Warwick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Whitnash itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whitnash, in Warwick and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9433

Date accessed: 02nd October 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Whitnash ".