Administrative unit

Lewisham EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Click on the hyperlinks for direct access to key graphs and tables.

Here we are presenting statistics for a historical unit, which may have changed its boundaries significantly during the period covered.

Preferred Name:
LEWISHAM
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Date created:
 
Date abolished:
 
Unit ID:
10222060
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.

Alternative names

The following alternative names exist:

Name Status Language Start End Authority
LEWISHAM Preferred English     F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
LEWISHAM ST MARY Alternate English     F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.

Unit associations

This unit was associated with the following other units:

Nature of association Other unit involved Type of unit Authority
was preceded by LEWISHAM AP/CP Parish-level Unit F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
KENT Ancient County     F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
LONDON Diocese 1845 1868 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
DARTFORD Rural Deanery   1845 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
GREENWICH Rural Deanery 1861 1886 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
LEWISHAM Rural Deanery 1886   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1855 was reduced to create FOREST HILL CHRIST CHURCH EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
1855 was reduced to create SYDENHAM ST BARTHOLOMEW EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
1859 was reduced to create BLACKHEATH ALL SAINTS EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
1865 was reduced to create LEWISHAM ST STEPHEN EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
1871 was reduced to create LEWISHAM ST MARK EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
1879 was reduced to create LOWER SYDENHAM EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
1880 was reduced to create PERRY HILL EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
1883 was reduced to create BLACKHEATH THE ASCENSION EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
1888 was reduced to create LEWISHAM ST SWITHUN HITHER GREEN EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
1900 was reduced to create CROFTON PARK EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
1901 was reduced to create BROCKLEY EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
1905 was reduced to create CATFORD ST LAURENCE EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
1916 was reduced to create CATFORD SOUTHEND AND DOWNHAM EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
1960 was enlarged by the abolition of BROCKLEY EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 262.
1960 was reduced to create CROFTON PARK ST HILDA WITH ST CYPRIAN EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.
1968 was enlarged by the abolition of LEWISHAM ST MARK EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 278.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Lewisham EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10222060

Date accessed: 19th January 2022