Place:


Weston under Wetherley  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston under Wetherley like this:

WESTON-UNDER-WEATHERLEY, a parish in the district and county of Warwick; 3¾ miles WNW of Marton r. station, and 3¾ NE of Leamington. Post town, Leamington. Acres, 1,290. Real property, £2,129. Pop., 274. Houses, 45. The manor belongs to Lord Clifford. The Warwickshire reformatory for boys is here, and was built in 1856. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £90.* Patron, Lord Clifford. The church is old.

Weston under Wetherley through time

Weston under Wetherley is now part of Warwick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Warwick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Weston under Wetherley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston under Wetherley, in Warwick and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9411

Date accessed: 02nd October 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Weston under Wetherley ".